While we take time to unwind, we'll need to touch base with what we learnt in Semester 1 and get ready for Term 3.
Below are several things we need to accomplish in the next 6 weeks (including the June Holidays):
1. June Holidays Engagement (1) Revision [Hardcopy issued on 16 May 2016, Monday]
- Tier A (estimated: 1 hour):
- For those who did not score A1 for the Common Test paper. Optional for others.
- Specific areas have been identified for you to re-visit and clarify
- You are strongly encouraged to complete this tier before Term 2 closes so that you can clarify your doubts with me (in school or via email)
- Tier B (estimated 5 hours):
- For everybody
Start early and stagger the tasks over the 6 weeks (average: 1 hour per week)
Do not get yourself stressed up/out because you need to do a lot of work within a short time.
2. June Holidays Engagement (2) Planning ahead
The following topics are in the pipeline:
- Unit 09 Functions and Linear Graphs
- Unit 10 Data Handling
2.1. Unit 09 Functions and Linear Graphs
- Study notes will be given in Week 9
- Attempt activities in the GoogleSite
- 01 Mastering Coordinates - comprises of 3 games that takes less than 1 hour to complete
2.2 Unit 10 Data Handling
- Study notes will only be given in Term 3.
- Attempt Mission Possible - that requires you to recap what you learnt in Primary School
- This is a diagnostic activity to assess how much you could recall and how clearly you could articulate and present your train of thought.
3. Maths File
Remember to file all the handouts (study notes, assignments, etc) assigned to-date into the Maths file, and have it tidy up during the school holidays.
These materials would be very useful whenever you need to make reference to.