- We discussed several questions in the Maths blog and used Paul's Wheel of Reasoning to check the assumptions when making decisions (e.g. whether one expression is greater/ equal/ less than another expression)
- On Substitution type of questions, we should carry out the steps systematically (step by step):
- Substitute the values into the expression correctly, especially when powers and roots are involved
- (follow by) Evaluating the arithmetic expression
- Reminder: Express your answer as a mixed number (instead of an improper fraction)
- We carried out error analysis of the 2 questions in the blog
- Answers in Lesson 1 (p5) were checked and discussed
- The class identified 3 questions in Assignment 4.1 for discussion before submitting it.
Preparation for next lessons (Thursday, Periods 1 & 2)
(A) Lesson: Algebra
- We will be discussing Lesson 2: Simplifying Algebraic expressions (involving 4 operations).
- Go through Study Notes (Lesson 2) and attempt Assignment 4.2 (for discussion)
- At the end of the lesson, you should be able to answer the challenging questions:
(B) RevisionBring your marked assignments, as well as the 2014 S1 Level Test 1 question paper.
We will start the revision discussion at the 2nd period.