Welcome to an exciting year 2016
Success comes with adequate preparation and as a start do take note of the following.
1. Know the Mathematics Syllabus
- This is the 4-year syllabus leading the "O" level exam: Elementary Mathematics 4016 (SEAB site)
- We will not be covering all the topics listed in the syllabus in Sec 1.
- The curriculum adopts a spiral approach where selected topics will be revisited and going into depths as we move from year to year.
- The abridged-scheme of work will be made available by end-January.
- SST Maths Notes - It is made available at the GoogleSite > Mathematics
- Calculator - It will be verified before the first level test and an "approved SST" sticker will be issued
- SST Foolscap paper and graph papers (for assignments)
- ICT Resources
- Class Maths Blog: Most of the online learning activities will be carried out here
- GoogleSite > Mathematics: Selected materials will be posted in the respective class pages; Performance Tasks/ Alternative Assessments are posted there.
- Software: Grapher, Geogebra, Numbers, PhotoBooth, QuickTime Player
- Term 1 Level Test 1 + Alternative Assessment
- Term 2 Common Test 1
- Term 3 Level Test 2 + Alternative Assessment
- Term 4 End of Year Summative Assessment
- Diagnostic Assessment: Beginning of new topic - to assess prerequisite knowledge and linkages to new knowledge
- Summative Assessment: End of topic - to assess level of understanding and competency
- Class work - in the form of online activities and practice questions
- Assignment - to be done on printed handouts or SST foolscap papers
- All classwork to be completed within designated time
Your destiny should begin with your daily routines
A. Be Present
B. Listen without Prejudice and One conversation at a time
C. Be Socially Aware (we are after all living in a gregarious community)
D. Manage your impulses
E. Know that the choice that you have chosen has its own consequences