- Revisit what a prime number and a composite number is.
- We looked closer to the presentation of working when carrying out prime factorisation using each method.
- How to tell, from the index notation, if a number is a perfect square or not; which could be extended to others (e.g. perfect cubes)
- How prime factorisation could be used to find square root of a number, which could be extended to other "roots"
Things to follow-up:
- Challenging Question: Can a mixed number be an odd number?
- Look out for 6 AM Quiz on Saturday morning (16 January)
- Fill in the daily feedback form, and put in any question(s) you have in mind. A NIL return is required.
- Complete the questions (Tier A, Tier B, Tier C) in the spaces provided.
- You may attempt Tier B and Tier C in writing papers, and staple at the back of the handout (Assignment 1.1)
- Deadline for submission: Monday 17 January 2016 [in class]